Thursday, July 21, 2011

Responsible/Good dog breeder?

I am moving to Washington in a few years and plan on getting a Alaskan Malamute. I have seen websites talking about oversized giant Malamutes. I hear that they are crossed with larger breeds and inbreed and sometimes only live to be about 8 years old because of their size. But I really like the look of them vs smaller Malamutes and wanted to know if there are any responsible breeders that breed "giant Alaskan Malamutes" or are they all just people who breed for the money? This website does not look bad but again this is only a website. Here Is a link of there males that died from leg cancer, is that normal in regular sized Alaskan Malamutes? Would you buy a puppy from here? I have owned two dogs and other animals, volunteering at a vet this summer, and will visit a AKC registered Alaskan Malamute breeder to help me decide if this would be a good breed for me. If not I would just get a normal Malamute.

No comments:

Post a Comment